»

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Secret Discoveries (Part 7)

photo source: http://www.teresalayman.com/images/miniature-cottage-doll-hous.jpg

I"M SORRY THIS WAS LATE>>>>

Story #7 SRS

The slam of the door aroused Crystal from her wonder. With her shock and confusions still prevalent on her face, she looked around her. The mound looked much larger from the inside, then from without. The door, which appeared from the outside to be as tall as a child, was a foot taller then Merlin. The circular hall that Crystal stood in was two times bigger then the outside structure of the mound. Additionally, there were several corridors branching off from the hall that she was in, indicating that the hall was no more then an appetizer to prepare one for the majority of the building that lay unseen behind the walls.

These disproportions only added to Crystal’s confusion. Her head range with questions and no answers. The five W’s played in her head, what, where, when, why, and how? They danced about, controlling her thoughts and keeping her to ponder and search for the answers. Merlin’s words convinced her that this was another test, as he called it, like the one she had ‘taken’ on her 8th birthday. But that test had left her scared and afraid of herself. She had departed the experience perplexed and with no one to ask her questions to. Maybe now she was meant to ask Merlin her questions? Though that seemed strange? If he wanted her to ask questions, why hadn’t he stayed with her after her last test and given her the opportunity to ask him? He had left her as quickly as Sheeba had, and since then he had not come back?

After many minutes of silence, Crystal turned to Merlin and asked, “Am I to know and induce what all this means, because there are many questions that are bearing on my mind? None of which, I fear, I will be able to answer on my own. Am I free to speak my mind and ask them to you or must I hold my tongue?

NEXT --> Part 8

2 comments:

Earlyriser said...

Are you going to publish this for real life?

SEP said...

Thanks for taking care of this Sarah. I didn't have access to a computer on vacation. TTYL!