»

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Secret Discoveries #20




"Time is short," was his answer, "I do not have enough of it to explain everything to you, but I will try my best with what I have." Flugenitus sat against the high back of the arm chair, flexing his fingers around his knees.

"Firstly, I will explain the shift in my appearance." With this he paused. Seeing that Crystal made not objection, he continued. "When I am inside my fortress, I am at liberty to show my true form, without fear of the enemy seeing. When I exit, however, I must take on the shape of a wolf, the one you are accustom to. This form allows me to conceal myself within the woods and lends me strength to defend myself."

"But why do you need to hide? Who are you fighting? Who is this enemy?" All of Crystal's questions seemed to flow from her. Flugenitus smiled and waited for her to finish.

"I know that you are confused princess, but you must have more patience and allow me the speak, as time is short, I don't have enough of it to explain everything. Please hold back from questioning any further. When I'm finished all should be answered." He waited, Crystal bowed her head and nodded, apologizing for her outbreak and promising not to interrupt again.

"Now, you are in my domain. I am protector of all the land the lies withing the eight green gates. These gates form a hexagon in shape and serve as the watch towers of the land. The fortress that you are in is in the center of this enclosure. We have been under siege for quit some time . The darkness that surrounds us have destroyed everything in their path. They suck the life out of all living beings, like fire, they live on air and leave nothing but ash in their path." Sighing, Flugenitus continued,

"I do not have the time to relay the history of this war to you. All that I will tell you, for now, is that we are presently under attack at the north east tower. It is to there that I must depart in a few hours. I am sorry to leave you so short after your arrival. While I am away, you will start puissance lessons with Lamont. Elvire will over see to everything in my absence, so call on her if you need anything. She may think it necessary to add another lesson on war strategies. I had promised Merlin more but this is all that I can do for now." He stopped and waited to see if Crystal had any other questions.

"Is Elvire not a fox then? She's a woman?" she asked. Flugenitus nodded. "Then why does she keep her animal form while in the castle?"

"She finds it easier to get around as a fox, then as a human." He answered. Crystal grinned, yes indeed, how fast Elvire could run on those four legs! Flugenitus made to get up but, thinking better of it, sat back down and posed another question, "Do you have any more inquiries princess? I have time for one more."

"Where do I fit into all of this?" Crystal whispered, still trying to sort all of the puzzles in her head. She understood the situation of her surroundings, but she couldn't place her involvement within it. Why had she been brought here in the first place? Why hadn't Merlin transported her back home? Who was that Michiko girl from her dream? Had she been killed by the darkness that surrounded this land? Where had she gone?... the questions were endless. It seemed that Flugenitus had only given her new questions, not answered the old ones.

"This you will see in time" Flugenitus said. Crystal looked up and their eyes locked. "You must have patience princess," his voice ran in her thoughts, deep and powerful. She willed him to take away all of her confusion and worries. "In time, Crystal, in time you will see who you are and what you must do. Know that you were chosen, I have been waiting, we have all been waiting. You will answer your questions, in time." He looked away, their connection broke, but she could still hear his words echoing through her mind, 'in time.'

***

7 comments:

Sarah Rutti said...

HAHAH! Triumphant! YES! I did it! Now I'm gonna go work on my Gulliver's Travels Essay. I hope you like the post. For the record, it WAS up before Monday! Oh yeah!

SEP said...

LOL. Oh my! I'm very proud of you... I wasn't able to wait up for the post, so I'll have to read it when I get home from work. For now, I'll just say that you have posted a mightily dark picture at the beginning of the post. Oh boy! I can't wait to read it. Have a good day!

SEP said...

Ooohhh... very nice! I love the content and mystery of the story. I think you're doing a great job in terms of pacing. This is great! Congrats on your achievement. I'll go through a bit later (bli neder) and correct the very few mistakes I saw. *Sniff* I'm so proud... my baby is growing up... :D

Sarah Rutti said...

Thank you. It was the easiest post I ever wrote. I'm glad you liked it. :-D

SEP said...

LOL. Sometimes is just flows, and those are the best posts of all! Thanks for sharing, and teaching me in the process. I do believe I will learn a lot from your writing classes by the time you finish.

Sarah Rutti said...

YEAH! I'm glad I can share my education, pass around the bucket. Since I'm paying for it anyway, I might as well get the most out of it.

SEP said...

It's greatly appreciated! Much thanks!